No Gluten For Us

No Gluten For Us
No Gluten For Us!

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Menu for Week of 14 Nov 2016

Mon - Shrimp Alfredo (Healthier Alfredo) with garlic bread and peas.
    For this I'll make the Alfredo as prescribed (although I might try using a little less butter) and then add about a 1/2 bag of (thawed) frozen cooked large shrimp (tail off) at the end. I'll let it simmer for about 5-7 minutes to let the shrimp warm up and then pour it over GF pasta. I might mix the peas into it instead of eating on the side. You could use a jar of Light Alfredo instead, if you want to save some time. If I'm in a hurry I usually use this one, which is gluten-free:



Tues - Slow Cooker Jambalaya (Jambalaya) and salad.
   I have never made this before but my husband requested it so I'm going to try it.  I plan to use either boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless skinless chicken thighs and I'm going to cook it in my Dutch oven.  I'll have to go easy on the spicy seasonings because I'm wimpy as is my daughter :-)

Wed - Chicken Divan (Chicken Divan).
    Holy cow this looks delicious. Never made it before but I know my family is going to love it.

Thurs - Breakfast Bowls.
    Tater tots cooked in the oven and then placed in a bowl and topped with cooked sausage, scrambled eggs and cheese. Yum.

Fri - Potato Chowder (Potato Chowder) and gluten free biscuits.
    My plan is to cook enough sausage on Thursday to have some leftover to use in the chowder on Friday, saving a little time.  I'm going to try making biscuits using GF Bisquick unless somebody gives me a better idea. I was thinking about melting butter and garlic and then spreading it on them so they taste like Red Lobster's biscuits...

Sat - Pizza Casserole (Pizza Casserole) with salad.
    I'm going to use GF penne and I might try sneaking some mushrooms into this because I LOVE mushrooms (but my kids hate them). I might add some black olives to make the kids happy...

Sun - Grilled Brats and baked beans.
    And by brats this is what I mean (my daughter has a love of cheese):



Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment