Mon - Baked Tilapia (Baked Tilapia), Rice and Broccoli Cheese Bake (Broccoli Cheese Bake Side).
For the Tilapia I will definitely omit the capers at the end because I HATE capers. I've never made the Broccoli side dish before but it looks like something that my daughter will like, and after making her eat the curry this past week that she didn't like, I figure I should make up for it by making something for her. For the Broccoli Cheese Bake I plan to use GF All-Purpose Flour in place of the regular flour and I'll probably use cheddar instead of Swiss cheese, just because my kids are unpredictable when it comes to Swiss.
Tues - Grilled Ham and Cheese on GF Bread with Baked Fries (Oven Fries).
Wed - Baked GF Spaghetti with Corn and Garlic Bread on the side.
Basically I just cook the spaghetti noodles as directed (we prefer Mueller's brand) and set aside. Meanwhile I brown a pound of hamburger and add 2 jars of Prego Traditional to it and let it simmer until the Prego is warmed up. I mix the meat-sauce into the noodles, sprinkle in about a 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, add about 1/2 a handful of mozzarella cheese and mix it all together real good. Then I dump it into a Pam-sprayed 9X13 casserole dish, sprinkle more Parmesan cheese on top and bake it in the oven for 30-35 minutes at 350. Simple and delicious. I plan to serve it with corn and garlic bread because for some reason corn and garlic bread are synonymous with spaghetti to me.
Thurs - Baked Pesto Chicken (Baked Pesto Chicken) with Mashed Potatoes.
I am new to the Pesto scene and am so excited to share my Pesto find with you. This is the only Pesto I could find for my Tomato Soup recipe last week and it was DELICIOUS! So of course I went and bought more and specifically searched for a recipe to use it again this week. Hopefully others can find this and enjoy it as much as we did:

Fri - Crock Pot Chili (Crock Pot Chili) with GF Cornbread.
Several years ago my dad passed away and with him he took his chili recipe (along with his famous cabbage rolls recipe) :-( Since then I have made chili several times and I have yet to produce the exact flavor of my dad's. This recipe was the closest I could find to how my dad made it so I'll give it a shot but I plan to make the following changes: I will omit the pinto beans and I'll use V-8 in place of the tomato juice (that is what my dad always did). Maybe this recipe will get me a little closer... For the cornbread, I found this at our Commissary - we haven't tried it before but I'm hoping we like it:

Sat - Pizza.
We bought Freschetta Gluten Free pizzas for this day.
Sun - Crock Pot Steak Fajitas (Slow Cooker Fajitas) with Salad and Chips/Salsa
Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment