No Gluten For Us

No Gluten For Us
No Gluten For Us!

Sunday, January 15, 2017

Menu for Week of 16 Jan 2017

Holy cow it's been a while since I've shared my weekly menu! While grocery shopping this morning my husband said (in not so many words) that I basically set out to start a blog to share my gluten-free menus, recipes, and experiences, and I've failed to follow thru. It's important to note that this weekly grocery shopping time is our once-a-week date with no kids - where we walk thru the aisles, talking about our excitement for our upcoming move, bantering back and forth, and just flirting with each other in general. So his pointing out a critical flaw of mine (my failure to follow-thru) put a damper on our date. With that said, here is what I will be making this week for dinner (and thus my attempting to again follow thru with blogging):

Mon - Lasagna Mueller's Lasagna with Peas
  I will be using Mueller's Gluten-Free No Boil Lasagna Noodles (delicious) and Prego Traditional sauce for this. Usually I make garlic bread using Schar's white bread and garlic salt but my Type 1 Diabetic is coming out of Honeymoon and his blood sugar has been everywhere so I think the carbs in the lasagna and peas is enough for one meal.

Tues - Hot dogs with Baked Beans
  Nothing special here. We like Oscar Mayer Selects Turkey dogs because we know they are gluten free and they taste good to us. I serve them on Schar's Hot dog Buns although to be honest,  my daughter just kind of picks at the bun so she ends up just eating the dogs by themselves. Bush's baked beans are our go-to beans. Simple mean that the kids and husband love.

Wed - Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake (should be renamed "Jackie's Favorite) Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Bake
  I LOVE THIS. I do substitute rice for the quinoa because my kids are not crazy about quinoa and I plan to use a mixture of Parmesan and Asiago cheeses because that is what I have on hand. If you follow my menus you will see that at least once every 3-4 weeks because I just love this that much. Although I must be honest - I kind of pick around the chicken because I don't really like chicken so much.

Thurs - Cheeseburger Pie Cheeseburger Pie with Salad
   I made this once before and everybody liked it, but we all decided it was missing something. So this time I am going to try making it with 1/2 pound ground beef and 1/2 pound sausage instead of just 1 pound ground beef. Hopefully that will give it the extra "umph" it was missing.

Fri - Tilapia Broiled Tilapia and Baked Potato Casserole Baked Potato Casserole with Green Beans
   I am trying the Baked Potato Casserole for the first time. I'm trying something I've tried in other recipes to try and make it a little healthier - instead of using the entire 1 cup of mayo (or 1 1/2 cups), I'm going to use 1/2 cup of mayo and 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt.  

Sat - Parmesan Ranch Chicken Tenders Parmesan Ranch Chicken Tenders with Tater Tots

Sun - Soft Tacos with Chips/Salsa and Corn
   For the tacos I am using ground beef and a packet of GF Taco seasoning. Also my family likes corn tortillas so we will use those. As a side note, I learned that the trick to folding or rolling corn tortillas without them breaking, is to warm them in a pan with a little bit of cheese on them before filling them. 

I hope you all have a great week and I'd love to hear if anyone tries any of these recipes and makes any note-worthy substitutions!

-Jackie
  


No comments:

Post a Comment