No Gluten For Us

No Gluten For Us
No Gluten For Us!

Monday, January 30, 2017

Menu for Week of 30 Jan 2017

My how things have been hectic lately. We are getting ready to PCS ("move" for those non-military types) and we have just put our house on the market, which surprisingly has impacted my menu planning. No buyer wants to walks through a house that reeks of food, especially fish, so I have to plan wisely. And I won't even get into the struggles we've had with our little celiac and school - it's been a stressful time, for sure...

So here is what I will be cooking this week:

Mon - Blackened Shrimp Salad (Blackened Shrimp Salad) with Garlic Bread.
   Thankfully it is going to get up to 65 degrees outside today so it is a good night to open the windows and screen doors and cook some shrimp!  I'll use GF turkey bacon instead of regular bacon and make the garlic bread with Schar's ciabatta bread of course :-) 

Tues - Chicken Lasagna Alfredo (Chicken Lasagna Alfredo) with broccoli.
   I love to make lasagna but sometimes the marinara sauce is too much (heartburn). So, I thought I'd try a recipe using Alfredo instead. I will use fresh, chopped up spinach instead of frozen because that is what I have on hand and I'm sure I'll season with some garlic powder. Here is a picture of the noodles and sauce that I will be using:



Wed - Grilled Tilapia (Grilled Tilapia) with Crispy Parmesan Potatoes (Crispy Garlic Parm Potatoes) and Corn.

Thurs - Chicken Noodle Soup (Chicken Noodle Soup).
   Since I can't find GF Egg Noodles I am just going to use GF pasta instead. Hopefully it will taste OK.

Fri - Crockpot Beef Stroganoff (Crockpot Beef Stroganoff) with mashed potatoes and peas.

Sat - Roasted Chicken and Veggies (15 Min Roasted Chicken and Veggies) with Idahoan Loaded Baked Potatoes Casserole (kids love them):




Hope you have a great week!
-Jackie

No comments:

Post a Comment