No Gluten For Us

No Gluten For Us
No Gluten For Us!

Sunday, October 16, 2016

Menu for Week of 17 Oct 2016

Mon - Spanish Rice with Ground Beef (Spanish Rice with Ground Beef) and corn.
     I've never made this before but since I've missed the Knorr packet of Spanish rice since we've gone gluten free, I saw this recipe and thought I'd try it.  I do plan to omit the 1 can of tomatoes with green chilies and cut the chili powder down to just a sprinkle because my daughter won't eat anything remotely spicy.

Tues - BLT Salad with garlic bread on the side.
     I'm planning to simply make a salad using romaine lettuce, cucumber, lettuce, tomato, cheese and bacon.  I'll serve large portions and then give everyone homemade garlic bread (made with GF bread) on the side.

Wed - Tilapia on the grill (Grilled Garlic Parm Tilapia) with broccoli.

Thurs - Cheesy Fried Potatoes (Cheesy Fried Potatoes).
    Let me just say that my husband found and added this while I was in the shower, taking a break from preparing my menu/grocery list for the week.  He was super excited about this so as to not disappoint, we will try it out, as unhealthy as it probably is :-)

Fri - Lasagna (Mueller's Lasagna Recipe) with GF Garlic Bread and salad.
   I use Prego traditional for the sauce and Mueller's GF No-Boil noodles.  Delicious!

Sat - Homemade KFC Famous Bowls (my son's favorite meal). 
     Here is a picture of what Famous Bowls look like (KFC famous bowl). Since my son's diabetes diagnosis and then my daughter's celiac diagnosis we haven't been to KFC, and my son was really missing these. So about once a month I'll make them for him.  You basically just layer mashed potatoes, "fried" chicken, corn (optional), and GF gravy in a bowl and then sprinkle some cheese on top.  I always bake my boneless, skinless chicken breasts (usually with crushed Lays chips on the outside to make it crunchy) but this time I am going to try a new recipe (Easy Oven Fried Chicken). I plan to use regular milk, all-purpose GF flour instead of almond flour, and of course boneless, skinless chicken breast (my family won't eat anything else - ever).

Sun - Grilled Marinated Flank Steak (Marinated Flank Steak), roasted potatoes and green beans.


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment