No Gluten For Us

No Gluten For Us
No Gluten For Us!

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Menu for Week of 24 Oct 2016

Mon - Creamy Tuscan Chicken with Pasta (Creamy Tuscan Chicken) and Garlic Bread.
     This recipe is so delicious. I usually omit the sun-dried tomatoes because my daughter is so picky but I just might leave them in this time. We haven't had Olive Garden since my daughter was diagnosed with Celiac and let me tell you, eating this is just like eating at Olive Garden or Macaroni Grill so it is a treat for us.  I'm just making garlic bread using GF Schar's bread, butter and garlic salt, but if I was feeling really motivated I would probably try this Gluten Free Olive Garden Bread Sticks recipe that I found on Pinterest (GF Olive Garden Breadsticks). If anyone tries this recipe I would love to hear how it turns out!

Tues - Tilapia with Vegetables Foil Packet (Tilapia and Veggies in Foil).
   Little clean-up = awesome!

Wed - Slow Cooked Chicken Tikka Masala (Slow Cooked Chicken Tikka Masala) with Rice.
     I'm nervous about this for a couple reasons: I have never made anything like this before and I am not sure if my kids even like Indian food.  But it sounded good so I thought I should try it out.  I might have to resort to ordering the Garam Masala spice from Amazon (Hooray for Amazon Prime) since I couldn't find it at the Commissary.  I am planning to make it in my dutch over rather than using a crock pot, so we'll see how it turns out - fingers crossed.

Thurs - Breakfast Bowls. 
     Tater tots topped with sausage, scrambled eggs and cheese - deliciousness in a bowl.

Fri - Chicken Enchiladas with Chips & Guacamole and Salad.
     Another recipe I haven't tried before but it is similar to others I have (GF Chicken Enchiladas).  I am planning to omit the beans but other than that I'll make as directed.

Sat - Gluten Free Easy Cheeseburger Pie with Corn.
     Found this recipe online and figured the kids would like it (GF Easy Cheeseburger Pie). I'll probably serve the corn on the side but truth be told, it might taste good with the corn mixed into the "pie".

Sun - BBQ Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes and Mixed Veggies.
     I HATE pork chops but for the sake of my family, I've started making them more frequently and am always searching for good recipes that make them tolerable to my picky pork-palette. This simple way of cooking them is just one of the ways that I can stand eating maybe half of a pork chop before I am tired of the taste of it. My family on the other hand LOVES them. I'm just going to throw some boneless pork chops into the crock pot, cover with BBQ sauce and let cook on LOW for about 5 hours. For BBQ sauce we use KC Masterpiece - it's the only brand that my daughter hasn't complained about being too "spicy" for her.

Have a great week and I'd love to hear from you if you try any of these meals out!

No comments:

Post a Comment